1.26.2009

finished piece

Very pleased with the outcome, however it is an incredibly time-consuming way of working. This is the piece I have chosen to show in the interim exhibition.

I decided to mount on white paper to keep the clean feel that I think fits well with my process and ideas, links back in to the medical influence. The shadow created also interests me and gives a hazed image (could possibly signify memory/uncertainty of experience?) Keeping them in the constraints of a circle however I feel isn't doing the work justice, and I want to push the boundaries of what I am capable of when working like this. Therefore, while away from university I can start playing with this, and then gain feedback from the experiments as well as this finished piece. Hopefully then I'll be on track for when I get back.

No comments: